DIRECT ANIMAL CONTACT
- Bottle feed kittens in your home, or provide temporary foster care for animals in your home.
- Groom or socialize with animals at Safe Haven.
- Transport animals to and from veterinarians for medical care, or spay/neuter.
HELP WITH PFOA PROGRAMS
- Assist with the Spay/Neuter Clinics and programs.
- Work with the Trap/Neuter/Return Team.
- Pick up or deliver supplies & food for our emergency food bank.
- Respond to & co-ordinate participants in our Sponsorship program at home or the shelter.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND PUBLICITY
- Make adoption or Spay/Neuter posters and/or develop informational brochures.
- Distribute posters and flyers and/or distribute our quarterly newsletter, Pet Tidings.
- Create videos.
- Present the PFOA message before groups.
- Develop advertising notices and/or work with media to publicize our events and programs.
- Help develop and plan events, and/or work at the events.
- Collect money from donation jars and product sales.
- Develop and produce fundraising items, or place donated items on eBay, monitor and ship.
- Help prepare quarterly fundraising letters for mailing.
RECORD KEEPING AND GENERAL OFFICE WORK
- Update computer systems and back up computer data.
- Correspondence, assorted filing, track animal or program source documents
- Enter and update documents and phone work.
SAFE HAVEN CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Assist Shelter Manager where needed.
- Assist Executive Director where needed.
- Laundry – socialize the animals and do a load or two of laundry.
- Sanitize shelter equipment, quarantine or isolation area.
- Grounds maintenance – mowing, weeding, etc.